Founded by CEO Anita Gleave in September 2018, Chatsworth Schools this week celebrates four years since entering the private school market with the acquisition of Hall School Wimbledon. Since this initial launch, Chatsworth Schools has now grown to 14 schools and nurseries.
The schools and nurseries in the group are Hall School Wimbledon, Benedict House Preparatory School, Crown House Preparatory School, Griffin House Preparatory School, Duchess Nursery Parsons Green, Pattison College, The Village Prep School, Swinbrook House Nursery School Marylebone, Highfield Preparatory School and Beech Hall School.
Over the past four years, in addition to significantly growing in size, Chatsworth Schools has:
- Designed a unique learning framework that ensures every school in the family can deliver a bespoke education tailored to every child’s needs. Called the Chatsworth Tapestry, this consists of six strands: mindset, wellbeing, entrepreneurship, sustainability, global and digital literacy.
- Established the Chatsworth Schools Foundation to support, encourage and enable children within the group and further afield. The Foundation aims to advance education for the public benefit and support of children of all abilities who may be disadvantaged or otherwise prevented or hindered from achieving their highest potential due to their personal circumstances or background.
- Launched Blenheim Schools, the dedicated international school arm of Chatsworth Schools. Blenheim Schools is looking to make the same impact on children internationally that Chatsworth Schools is doing for 1,000s of children at its UK schools and nurseries.
- Introduced a year-long leadership programme where senior leaders are welcomed monthly to Chatsworth Schools HQ, to cover a course that introduces them to all aspects of school leadership with a keen focus on curriculum, pedagogy, coaching, compliance, HR and operational management, as well as more holistic points around public speaking and a healthy approach to wellbeing.
- Achieved fantastic results in its family of non-selective schools, including:
– In February 2021, The Village Prep School in Belsize Park announced fantastic Year 6 results – including 10 scholarships (from a class of only 13 girls), at an impressive range of day schools.
– Year 6 pupils at Benedict House achieved the best-ever 11+ pass rate in the history of the school this year, with 100% passing the Kent test and 80% passing the Bexley test.
–Girls at Highfield Prep School achieved a 100% pass rate for the 11+ as well as 10 scholarships to senior schools.
Anita Gleave, founder and CEO, said “I am so proud of the whole Chatsworth Schools team for everything we have achieved since our launch in 2018 and equally proud of the achievements of all the wonderful Chatsworth Schools children who have excelled beyond expectation over the past few years.
“At Chatsworth Schools, learning is at the centre of all we do each and every day and the wellbeing of our children is the starting point of all our conversations. This is why I founded Chatsworth Schools and that is what marks us out.”
She added, “I am excited about our plans to continue to enable outstanding futures for children at all our schools and nurseries and about our plans to grow internationally through Blenheim Schools, our dedicated international school arm.”