The Independent Schools Show 2016 has unveiled its strongest ever line-up of schools and speakers. Taking place on 12-13 November at Battersea Park, London the show will give parents access to over 200 leading independent schools as well as education experts from around the UK.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the show, which has hosted over 20,000 parents to help them efficiently research and find the right school for their children.
With parents facing an increasingly complex set of education options for their children and with competition greater than ever, the show gives parents the opportunity to meet the largest gathering of the UK’s leading independent schools in one day, all under one roof.
The 2016 Show will welcome schools from as far south as the Isle of Wight (Ryde School) and as far north as Gordonstoun School in Scotland. See the full list of exhibiting schools here.
A packed two-day schedule at the Show’s renowned Education Theatre will provide invaluable insights on education’s hottest and most relevant topics. Speakers include:
- Patrick Derham – Headmaster of Westminster School, who will comment on why children from independent schools perform better in their careers
- Chairman of the Independent Schools Council, Barnaby Lenon, who will advise how to choose the right school
- Professor Mark Bailey – High Master of St Paul’s School, who will talk about increasing access to independent schools
Further talks and debates include:
- State Till 8? Alternative Routes – Ralph Lucas (Editor, The Good Schools Guide), Keith Budge (Head of Bedales)
- Deciphering Senior School Entrance – Ben Thomas, Headmaster of Thomas’s Battersea
- Scholarships & Bursaries Answered – Susan Hamlyn (Director of the Good Schools Guide Educational Consultants)
- Starting Out in London – Nick Baker, Head of Wetherby Prep & Senior and Jane Richie, Alpha Plus
Independent Schools Show Founder, David Wellesley Wesley said: “After health, it is education that parents cite as being their biggest concern and consideration for their children. Today’s education options are more complex than ever and continually changing.
“By bringing together the highest calibre of schools and speakers available, the Show offers parents a one-stop open day and forum on independent schooling, so they can make informed and confident decisions about their child’s education.”